MAKE A ONE-TIME OR REOCCURRING DONATION
or send a check for "L.A. Contemporary Dance" to:
1050 W. Alameda Ave. #553, Burbank, CA 91506
L.A. Contemporary Dance Company is a non-profit organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent of the law.
Our run to $20k for this year’s March Madness fundraiser was successful to say the least! We are so happy to share that we have surpassed our March Madness 2021 goal with the support of our generous community –– who gave over 221 donations totalling $26,747.
We not only surpassed our fundraising goal, but we also had the MOST DONORS EVER, with a considerable amount of first-time donors! Up to $20,000 will be matched by a generous donation from the Hutter family in memory of Norma Langworthy — the late grandmother of LACDC co-founder Kate Hutter Mason and avid arts enthusiast.
Every donation, large and small represents the power of our collective impact as a community connected by the art of movement. Our supporters this year shared countless messages of hope, remembrance, honor, support and love. Messages that remind us of the power of connection and shared experiences.
All of LACDC's company of dancers, staff, leadership and board of directors are so humbled and thankful to each of those that were able to give during a time filled with so many challenges and so much work to do. These funds will enable us to imagine, re-imagine and implement new projects and initiatives that will foster an increase in artistic, shared learning, leadership and other participatory practices by historically underrepresented and under resourced groups within the dance ecology of Los Angeles.
This includes providing opportunity, resources, and spaces for Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, womxn, disabled, and LGBTQIA+ community members of all backgrounds, religions, and ages. We continue to believe in and champion the transformative power of an artistic experience, and seek to engage, educate, perform for, amplify the experiences of, and connect with all people.
L.A. Contemporary Dance Company:
- Provides irreplaceable opportunities for creative minds to gather, exchange ideas, and collaborate to craft unique experiences.
- Engages over 30 artists annually including dancers, choreographers, composers, photographers, videographers, costume designers, lighting designers, and collaborators of all kinds.
- Reaches 2,500 - 4,000 people annually through the company's performances, intensive programs, touring, outreach events, and workshops, and engages with an online community of over 20,000 friends and fans.
- Works with LOCAL artists - over 150 artists have created with us to date to create over 30 original dance and multi-disciplinary pieces.
- Has proudly represented the vibrant and unique arts and culture of L.A. with recent tours to Argentina, New Zealand, and Alaska.
-Has consistently received funding from and been recognized as a strong company to invest in by the L.A. County Arts Commission, the L.A. City Department of Cultural Affairs, and the group of over 100 donors who are key stakeholders in our future.
And, LACDC performs all of the above at an affordable rate to our community, ticket buyers, and students. As a non-profit, professional company, this work is possible due to the combination of ticket sales, public and private grants, commissions, and donations from generous individuals like you.
Thank you for choosing to support LACDC. No matter the amount, you are participating in our creative process, and making dance happen in LA - and beyond!
Other ways to donate
When you shop at Amazon Smile, your purchases will support LA Contemporary Dance.
*Only purchases at smile.amazon.com (not www.amazon.com or the mobile app) support charity.
*To always support LACDC when you shop, create a shortcut by adding the Amazon Smile link to your bookmarks or favorites bar.