L.A. Contemporary Choreography Lab: 02
In its second year, L.A. Contemporary Choreography Lab: 02 (LACCL) provides choreographers (ages 20+) the opportunity to workshop new material with professional dancers in an intimate and experimental environment. Along with access to studio space and professional dancers, choreographers will receive individual feedback and thoughtful mentorship throughout the process from LACDC’s Artistic Director Genevieve Carson, and Los Angeles choreographer Rebecca Lemme.
LACCL Choreographers will have the option of developing a solo, duet or trio with LACDC company members and Los Angeles-based professional dancers. Choreographers will present their works-in-progress in a FREE showing for the LA community on the last day.
There are 5 spots available. Choreographers are chosen through an application process.
July 6-9, 2020
Stomping Ground L.A.
5453 Alhambra Ave.
Los Angeles, California 90032
- RATE TBA
- Applications must include:
- Bio (250 word limit)
- Artist Statement (250 word limit)
- Choreographic Concept (500 word limit)
- 1-2 Work Samples (no reels)
- Choreography and Performance Resume
Applications will open in early 2020.
Stay tuned for choreography lab announcements by signing up for our newsletter.
L.A. Contemporary Choreography Lab: 01 | 2019 Choreographers
- Gianna Burright | Ojai, CA
- Felicia St. Cyr | North Hollywood, CA
- Brian Golden | Orange, CA
- Riley Higgins | Los Angeles, CA
- Rigoberto Saura | Chicago, IL
- *Lenin Fernandez | Los Angeles, CA
- (*LACDC Company Member)
Check out past LACCL highlights on Instagram via our OFFICIAL HASHTAG: #LAchoreolab.
**Any further questions can be directed to LACCL Director Jamila Glass at firstname.lastname@example.org.